Photovoltaic Power Rating Suite
A Comprehensive Power Rating Suite for Solar Modules
TÜV Rheinland now offers a complete photovoltaic module performance characterization rating for both flat plate PV and CPV designs. The Power Rating Suite (PRS) service is a comprehensive model that goes beyond typical module characterization testing required of manufactures. The PRS measures a test sample’s performance in terms of: temperature and irradiance; module operating temperature as a function of windspeed, irradiance, and ambient temperature; the angle of incidence, and spectral response.
Our goal is to provide our clients with the most comprehensive and accurately measured characteristics for module performance, delivering greater confidence in system performance modeling to investors.
Join the growing list of our customers, who already take advantage of our comprehensive range of services and our global presence.
Benefits At A Glance
With TÜV Rheinland’s comprehensive power rating suite for your photovoltaic modules:
- You get photovoltaic system parameter validation from an accredited laboratory
- Take advantage of global presence with locations in USA, Germany, Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea and India
- Benefit from the expertise and experience of over 200 specialists
- Provide investors with a more comprehensive and validated model of how your product performs under various conditions
- As one of the very few PV Testing Laboratory, TUV PTL can provide Power Rating Suite measured under natural sunlight, utilizing the real solar spectrum.
Our comprehensive power rating suite for photovoltaic modules uses the following assessment methods:
- Sampling requirements per UL 4730
- Complete temperature and irradiance matrix (23-36 points)
- Spectral response (SR)
- Angle of Incidence (AOI)
- Module operating temperature (MOT)
- Light induced degradation (LID)
- Effect of tilt angle on soiling losses
Comprehensive Power Rating Study under Natural Sunlight
For more information on the subject of comprehensive power rating, see a recently published paper by Dr. (Mani) Govindasamy TamizhMani, President of the TÜV Rheinland PTL (Photovoltaic Testing Laboratory), and published by the Solar America Board for Codes and Standards entitled:
- Photovoltaic Services (PDF, 5.18 MB)