Photovoltaic Components Certification
Solar energy use is booming worldwide. The market for photovoltaic technology is increasing annually by around 30%. To be successful in this market it is essential that the safety, quality, durability, and reliability of all of your photovoltaic components is proven. Test procedures and equipment have been developed for full photovoltaic system component testing including PV or CPV modules, power conversion electronics, system controllers and all related components.
Benefits at a glance
An internationally recognized audit by TÜV Rheinland helps you:
- Position yourself competitively with our Independent third-party approval
- Benefit from our extensive experience and expertise
- Document the implementation of legal requirements with audit reports and certificates
- Single source solutions
Our Services for Photovoltaic Components
Some of the services we provide include:
- Test plans for research and development
- Product certification
- Independent product assessment for AHJ’s
Our evaluations are based on national and international standards, including (but not limited to):
- UL SU 3730, PV junction boxes (U.S.)
- 2 Pfg 1798, PV junction boxes (U.S.)
- EN 50548, PV junction boxes (International)
- 2 Pfg 2305, PV junction boxes with power conditioning electronics (International and U.S.)
- UL SU 4703, PV cables (U.S.)
- 2 Pfg 1990, PV cables (International)
- UL SU 6703, PV connectors (U.S.)
- 2 Pfg 1927, PV connectors (U.S.)
- EN 50521, PV connectors (International)
- UL SU 9703, Wiring harnesses (U.S.)
- 2 Pfg 1793, PV backsheets (International)
- UL 1741, Inverters and combiner boxes (U.S.)
- IEC 62109-1, Power conditioning devices (International)
- IEC 62109-2, Inverters (International)
- IEEE 1547, Inverters (U.S.)
- TUV-R 71830, Microinverters and Microconverters (U.S.)
- UL SU 2703, Mounting systems and clamping devices (U.S.)
- 2 Pfg 1904, Mounting systems (U.S.)
- 2 Pfg 1794, Mounting systems (Germany)
- UL SU 3703, Solar trackers (U.S.)
- IEC 62727, Solar trackers (International)
TUV Rheinland PTL is an American Standards Developer for ANSI (American National Standards Institute).
In addition, we are also active members of the following:
- STP2703, the working group for solar mounting systems, U.S (still in development).
- Active members of IEC TC82 WG7, and contributing to the development of the technical specification IEC 62727.
Additionally, we are also working on draft tracker qualification standard IEC 62817 (still in development).
We have written standards for PV junction boxes and connectors for the U.S.
We are members of the ANSI standards writing group for Microinverter and microconverter qualification standard for the U.S.
We have written test protocol and an internal TUV Rheinland standard to address PV junction boxes with power conditioning devices – both for the U.S. as well as International
- Junction Boxes
- Polymer films
- Combiner Boxes
- Solar mounting systems
- Solar trackers
- Solar Mounting Systems and Trackers (PDF, 940 KB)