Concentrating Solar Power
Concentrating Solar Power Certification
Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) is one of the pillars of renewable energy production and is of increasing importance due to its high energy yield. TÜV Rheinland can support manufacturers and service providers by testing the quality of their CSP plants. TÜV Rheinland can help energy companies and manufacturers of CSP gear and the associated machinery achieve local certifications. We are experienced at evaluating all types of CSP technology from through to concentrating tower technology.
Benefits at a Glance
With TÜV Rheinland’s PV testing services, you:
- Profit from TÜV Rheinland’s 30 years of experience in the field of CSP
- Take advantage of the capacities of our worldwide network of test laboratories, which offer you fast, first-class service all over the world
- Gain a partner that has earned worldwide acceptance
- Earn the TUVdotCOM quality seal to prove that your CSP components and CSP systems have passed tests conducted according to national and international standards ensuring their high quality, safety, and reliability
Our Services for Concentrating Solar Power
- Standard test condition and yield measurements and electroluminescence analyses
- Qualification, certification, and tests according to international standards
- Tests for special conditions, for example, for transport and salt mist conditions
- Long-term testing, for example, open-air weathering tests
Further information is available under “CSP Plant Testing.”
We qualify and certify:
- Turbine control systems
- Rotating machinery
- Power plant electrical gear
- Power HV transformers
- Power plant
- HV DC transmission system inverters
- Pressure vessels
- Structural gear
- High and low temperature materials assessment
Complete CSP Systems
- Site evaluation, including yield assessment
- CSP system qualification and certification
- CSP inspections and CSP acceptance
- Defect and damage assessments
- CSP system monitoring
- Certification of large CSP installations
Further information is available under “Solar Power Plants”.
Qualification of Manufacturers and Service Providers
- Calibration of CSP measurement systems
- Certification of CSP installation operations
- Monitoring of CSP manufacturing facilities
- Preshipment inspection
- Transport loads tests
Qualification and Certification of CSP Products
We test your CSP systems and components – including CSP mirrors, HV DC transmission inverters, frames, cables, and connectors – according to national and international standards. If needed, our experts can carry out tests based on TÜV Rheinland specifications.
In addition to laboratory testing, certification of CSP modules and components also covers the manufacturing facilities.Laboratory Testing
In our accredited laboratory, we test selected samples to determine whether your products satisfy applicable standards. The test criteria – transparent at all times to customers – are documented along with the test results.
Our experts carry out additional periodic quality and product audits at your production facilities. That way, we can ensure that all PV modules are manufactured with the same materials and processes as the samples tested in the laboratory and that product quality is consistent.
Our Testing Laboratory
TÜV Rheinland’s CSP laboratories are accredited to ANSI/EN/ISO/IEC 17025 norm. In addition, TÜV Rheinland LGA Products GmbH has been qualified as a national certification body.
Research and Development
In the field of photovoltaics, our research focuses on the development of analytical, metrological, and test methods for CSP technology. Our participation in standardization committees enables us to ensure that the generally applicable testing requirements always correspond to the current state of the technology.
An Overview of Research Topics
Our research topics include the following:
- Measurement and test methods for performance characterization of CSP plants
- Test methods for materials
- Analytical methods for yield assessment
- Simulation of mechanical stresses, for example, transport loads
- Test methods for building-integrated plants
- Failure analyses
- Participation in standardization committees at German, European, and international levels
Module Technology Workshop
Every year we conduct a workshop on CSP technology, where we disseminate any new findings from our research and development. For information on current research projects, projects completed in recent years, or any references, please visit the “Downloads” section.
- Photovoltaic Services (PDF, 5.18 MB)