Lighting Product Safety Testing Services
Assuring Quality and Safety for Luminaires
If you wish to market your lighting and luminary products to the North American or international markets, TÜV Rheinland can help you obtain the compliance and 3rd party test mark you require. Any company wishing to market its luminaires in North America or internationally, regardless of whether for consumer, residential or commercial use, has to meet the entry requirements set by the target markets concerned.
Why Work with TÜV Rheinland?
Trying to obtain the approvals and certifications required to market your lighting product can be a time consuming process. When you work with TÜV Rheinland, our experienced experts can handle the entire range of tests and inspections for compliance with UL, CSA and IEC/EN standards per appropriate end country regulation. This level of service takes away the stress and allows you to Increase your market access faster. Contact us for answers to your questions, or to get started.
Benefits at Glance
Testing and certification by TÜV Rheinland enables you to:
- Comply with the requirements of equipment and product safety regulations
- Increase your competitiveness in the global market with an independent 3rd Party test mark
- Minimize your liability through documented safety standards
- Take advantage of our quick turn around time, experience and expertise
- Benefit from our exclusive one-stop service for all your testing and certification needs
Our services for Lighting Technology
We offer safety testing and certification in accordance with the following:
As a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) by OSHA (The Occupational Safety and Health Administration) in the United States, and accredited by SCC (Standards Council of Canada) in Canada, this mark indicates that the product has been safety tested for US and Canada and that we have inspected your production facilities as an authorized indenpendent third-party testing and certification organization.
The cTUVus mark is officially recognized as an equivalent and direct replacement of the UL and CSA marks.
The TÜV Rheinland GS Mark has its roots in the German equipment safety law. The literal translation of Geperüfte Sicherheit (GS) is “approved safety.” This voluntary mark signifies a product’s electrical safety aspects have been third-party evaluated, tested and certified and that continuous production control is maintained.
ENEC mark number 24 is issued for electrical products, such as lamps. It certifies compliance with European standards. The ENEC certification is well known in 21 other European countries.
Lighting products have to comply with the safety requirements of certain European directives. This is indicated by the mandatory CE mark. Our tests certify CE conformity. After the test, you will receive a test report and certificate.
As a notified body, we adopted the CB process many years ago. The CB process counts as a basis for national certification in many other countries in the European Union, also in countries that are not yet official member states. TUV Rheinland is a CBTL for EMC. By participating in the CB scheme for the global market, our customers receive national certifications from other countries more quickly and cost effectively.
Our experts will evaluate the electromagnetic compatibility of your product in only three steps:
- Evaluate your product and create an appropriate test plan
- Testing of the product according to the relevant standard.
- Issuance of a test report.
- Certification (Optional)
In North America
All 5 of TUV Rheinland’s EMC labs in North America are accredited to ISO 17025:2005 by A2LA, an ILAC MRA Signatory.
Through our international approvals group, TUV Rheinland can assist with defining EMC requirements anywhere in the global marketplace and then provide testing services using our MRA CAB status.
Let TUV Rheinland’s extended testing capabilities help you ensure your lighting products meet highest level of protection in various environments by subjecting them to:
- IPXX testing per IEC 60529 for water and dust ingress.
- UV Resistance & Exposure for accelerated aging
- Salt-Spray /Corrosion Testing
- Vibration/Shock/Altitude testing
- Thermal Cycling & Thermal Shock
- Photobiological Safety of Lamps and Lamp Systems
Our experts can test your products for compliance to a variety of standards and/or directives. To mention, some of them are:
- UL 8750 & CSA C22.2 No. 250.13
- UL 1598 & CSA C22.2 No. 250.0
- UL 1993 & CSA C22.2 No. 1993
- UL 153 & CSA C22.2 No. 12
- UL 2108 & CSA C22.2 No. 9.0
- FCC 47 Part 15B, Part 18 and ICES-003
- IEC/EN 62031
- IEC/EN 60598-1 and IEC 60598-2 Series
- IEC/EN 61347-1 & IEC/EN 61347-2 Series
- EN 55015, EN 61547
- EN 55022 & EN 55024
- IEC/EN 62471-1
- EU Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC
- EU EMC Directive 2014/30/EU
- Residential lighting, such as table lamps, floor lamps, wall and ceiling luminaries and string lights
- Self-ballasted LED Lamps, Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) and Induction lamps
- Commercial lighting such as parking lot lights, street lights, stage and studio luminaries