LED and Laser Technology
Safer Laser Products
Whether you manufacture or sell CD and DVD drives, laser pointers, or Blu Ray discs - you are probably more than aware of the potential hazards in laser products. As an independent testing lab, TÜV Rheinland can test your products for full compliance to safety standards. We can classify and certify your products in accordance to both international standards and national regulations.
Benefits at a Glance
With product testing and certification from TÜV Rheinland:
- Your products meet the national and international requirements for laser products
- You get a detailed overview of the potential degree of risk and of how effective safeguards are
- Document the safety of your products with an independent certifcation
Our Services for LED and Laser Technology
- Evaluations in accordance with (German) Product Safety Act (ProdSG)
- Evaluations in accordance with the EU Low-Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC
- Evaluations in accordance with safety standards for LED lamps: IEC 62 560 (draft) and IEC 62 471
The EN 60825 standard classifies products by their increasing degree of risk - mainly for eyes and skin. The class must be marked on the product.
Get Risks under Control with our Tests
Nowadays, modern communications and lighting technology often includes LED and laser technology. This technology enables both quick and uninterrupted communication and modern, energy-efficient lighting. The potential dangers of laser radiation is well known. Even modern LED lighting can bear dangers for the human body. Like lasers, modern high-performance LEDs emit photobiological radiation, which can threaten health in high concentrations.
Exports Made Easy
If you want to export laser products to specific markets, for example to the U.S., the product must be listed by the responsible federal authorities. We can assist in the formal and regulatory registration process.
- CD / DVD Drives
- Laser Pointer
- Blu-ray discs
- Lighting systems with LED technology
- Industrial machinery for processing products using laser technology
- Fiber optic transceivers