(EU) No 665_2013 and (EU) No 666_2013 were published on Official Journal of the European Union and entered into force on 2 Aug, 2013
EU) No 665/2013 is commission delegated regulation supplementing directive 2010/30/EU with regard to energy labeling of vacuum cleaners
(EU) No 666/2013 is implementing measure for ErP Directive 2009/125/EC (2005/32/EC) for vacuum cleaners
Products in scope: electric mains-operated vacuum cleaners, including hybrid vacuum cleaners. It shall not apply to wet, wet and dry, battery operated, robot, industrial, central vacuum cleaners, floor polishers or outdoor vacuums.
Above mentioned vacuum cleaners shall comply to the requirements of (EU) No 666/2013 as well as Directive 2009/125/EC in able to mark with CE.
Vacuum cleaners shall comply with the following requirements:
From 1 September 2014(stage I):
- annual energy consumption ≤ 62,0kWh/year
- rated input power ≤ 1600W
- dust pick up on carpet for carpet vacuum cleaners ≥ 0,70
- dust pick up on hard floor for hard floor vacuum cleaners ≥ 0,95
- energy label containing the necessary information: suppliers’ name or trademark, model, energy efficiency class, average annual energy consumption, carpet or hard floor cleaning performance class, sound power level etc.
Products not in compliance of the statutory requirements, could be banned and/or financial penalties could be imposed by European authorities, if the said non-compliant product is marketed.
Contact us today to learn more about the requirements of this standard and how we can help!