Product Safety Testing for German market - Giving your Customers Peace of Mind
Free of harmful substances, safe against breakage and reliable electrics – the worldwide renowned GS mark is a valuable help for quality-conscious consumers when choosing which products to purchase. We check whether dolls, lighting, bikes, or hairdryers fulfill the quality and safety standards specified by the (German) Product Safety Act, ProdSG. On top of that, the GS audit integrates numerous product-specific European guidelines and ascertains whether the operation manual is correct and complete.
Benefits at a Glance
The internationally recognised GS mark helps you to:
- Minimise your company's liability and protect it from damages claims
- Boost confidence in the quality and safety of your products
- Offer your customers valuable assistance when deciding which products to select
- Benefit from short audit times that also enable quick introduction to the market
According to clause §4 of the ProdSG ((German) Product Safety Act) you, as a manufacturer, are only allowed to introduce a product onto the market if it doesn't compromise the safety and health of the user either through intended use or foreseeable misuse. As an appointed testing institute, we check whether your product fulfils the requirements laid out by the prototype directive. If the product falls under European regulations, such as low voltage guidelines, machine guidelines or EMC guidelines, we will carry out the audit according to these specifications. Finally, we will put together a report and issue you with the certificate.
Product Categories and Examples
- Household devices
- Personal protective equipment
- Products for small children
- Sport and leisure equipment
- Consumer electronics
- Automobile equipment