Visual Inspection Services
Find Defects Early and Save Money with Visual Inspection Services
Once they are in the field, defective parts can be costly to repair. To help you avoid these extra costs, TÜV Rheinland’s trained professionals use visual inspection on welds to find and determine small defects.
Our certified welding inspectors (CWIs) are trained to determine the various lengths, measurements, and quality of welded parts and components and to verify that the product meets the requirements of the specifications – whether it is military, automotive, construction, or aerospace. We also offer a specific inspection service for welds in use in locks and dams.
To provide visual inspection services, our visual inspectors can travel to any location around the world. They have extensive training and experience – making TÜV Rheinland the inspection agency of choice.
Benefits at a Glance
With visual inspection services from TÜV Rheinland, you can be sure of:
- Quality control and assurance
- Knowledgeable data acquisition and analysis
- Early detection of defective parts, saving you costly field repairs
- A lead against the competition with a neutral audit seal
- Reduced risk of company liability with documented safety standards
- Fast audit times and our long-standing experience
- Showing how high your high-quality standards are
- TÜV Rheinland’s exclusive, one-stop service
- Compliance with local government and legal requirements
Certified welding inspectors (CWI) use a whole range of proper devices, such as filet weld gauges, undercut gauges, bridge cam gauges, flashlight, ruler, magnifying glass, and a camera, for documentation assistance during product inspection. The CWI marks up the areas of concern, so the proper repairs can be done, and repeats the process until no issues are found. The CWI then follows up with inspection reports that indicate findings.
Related Services from TÜV Rheinland
If you’re interested in TÜV Rheinland’s FDA 510(k) visual inspection services, you may also be interested in these services:
- NDT inspections
Our services cover welded products and parts, including in locks and dams.