Welder Qualification Services
Make Sure Your Welders are Qualified
Having qualified welders helps ensure top-quality, professional welding work.
The term “qualification” means that a welder or welding operator has met the requirements of a given standard and is qualified to perform welds to within the scope of that standard. To become certified, welders must possess the skills necessary to produce a sound weld, which is visually acceptable and also meets testing requirements.
TÜV Rheinland has experienced American Welding Society certified welding inspectors (AWS CWI) on staff, who can test your welders, using bend tests too, as required by many welding codes.
Benefits at a Glance
With our welder qualification services, you:
- Can be sure you employ welders whose skills are verified for accurate work
- Gain a lead against the competition with a neutral audit seal
- Benefit from fast audit times and our long-standing experience
- Show how high your high-quality standards are
- Rely on TÜV Rheinland’s exclusive, one-stop service
- Ensure compliance with local government and legal requirements
Depending on the specific code and specification, different approaches are available. As an example, a simple test may involve the following steps:
- Ensure that the proper safety equipment is
- Obtain the appropriate welding supplies and metal pieces to be welded
- Set the welding parameters on the welding machine
- Prepare and assemble the joint to be welded
- Place the weld in the proper welding position
- Follow the indicated procedure to fill the joint with weld
- Prepare or help prepare the specimens to be tested
The welding inspector (test supervisor) can guide preparation of the pieces and assembly, and can periodically check progress to ensure conformity to the standard.