Telecommunication and Radio Equipment for Japanese Market
Certify Your Telecom and Radio Equipment for Use in Japan
TÜV Rheinland can certify telecom terminal equipment and radio equipment from an impartial and neutral perspective, in accordance with Japanese regulations. We provide reliable, accurate, and speedy certification services using our worldwide experience in certification – and bring a wealth of expert knowledge to this field.
In addition to our services for Japan, you can also take advantage of our experience with testing and approvals for other markets, such as United States and Canada, Europe, Asia, and other regions.
Benefits at a Glance
With our telecommunication and radio certification services, you can be sure of:
- Certified equipment testing in accordance with Japanese law
- Fast audit times and our long-standing experience
- TÜV Rheinland’s exclusive, one-stop service
- Compliance with local government and legal requirements
TÜV Rheinland’s Telecommunication and Radio Certification Services
TÜV Rheinland’s telecommunication and radio certification services are done in accordance with applicable technical standards and the following legislation:
- The Telecommunications Business Law
- The Radio Act (Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC) Ordinance)
And, if you are interested in TÜV Rheinland’s telecommunication and radio certification services, you may also be interested in these services:
- Testing and certification services for FCC
- R&TTE Directive
- EMC Directive
Our Certification Services Cover the Following Products:
- Telecom Terminal Equipment
In Japan, when connecting telecom terminal equipment to public telecommunications networks, the equipment has to conform to relevant technical standards in order to avoid disturbances or causing problems with other equipment. The technical standards are established in accordance with telecommunications business regulations. Use of any telecom terminal equipment that does not meet the technical standards is not allowed.
- Radio Equipment
In Japan, radio equipment specified in the MIC Ordinance (numbers 1, 2, and 3 in Item 1 of Article 38 (2) of the Radio Act) is required to conform to applicable technical standards. Companies are not allowed to sell or use any radio equipment that does not conform to these technical standards in Japan.
TÜV Rheinland is an accredited certification body and provides certification service for both types of equipment.
- Flow of Certification Procedure for Telecom Equipment (PDF, 594 KB)
- Flow of Certification Procedure for Radio Equipment (PDF, 265 KB)