Precise Records and Gauging using Proven Technology
Your customers expect exact measurements and precise values - and they place their trust in your products’ precise recording capability and function. We carry out the required audits of your regulation technology, control technology, measuring technology, or your lab equipment - from their user characteristics through to low voltage and machinery guidelines. On top of that, we can issue you with a GS "Tested Safety" mark and with the mandatory CE mark too.
Benefits at a Glance
Product audits and certification from TÜV Rheinland help you:
- Document the implementation of legal requirements via audit reports and certificates
- Boost confidence in the quality and safety of your products
- Improve your market position with tested products
- Benefit from short audit times and our extensive experience
Our Audit Seals
Electronic devices must carry the CE mark. They have to adhere to specific safety requirements as set out in European directives - our audits count as valid assurance for your declaration of conformity.
We have been based in America and Canada for many years now, and our cTUVus mark is recognized in both countries, as is the UL mark of the American audit organization, Underwriters Laboratories.
By taking part in the CB procedure, our customers can get an audit seal quickly that is accepted nationwide in other countries at an affordable price.
The GS mark is proof that an internationally recognized laboratory has audited your product in compliance with European norms. It assures that your product adheres to current safety requirements and fulfills specifications set out by both the Low Voltage and Machinery Directives
Legal Basis of Our Audit
Our experts carry out audits based on the following directives:
- EN 61010: Electrotechnical Code for Measuring, Control, Regulatory and Lab Equipment
- Low Voltage Directive
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive, EMC directive
- Equipment and product safety regulations (Gesetz über technische Arbeitsmittel und Verbraucherprodukte (GPSG)
- Machinery Directive
New Machinery Directive
The new 2006/42/EC machinery directive came into effect on December 12, 2009. The former 98/37/EC machinery directive is no longer valid.
Measuring Technology - Product Examples
- Line gauge (measuring devices scaled to suit briefs)
- Digital multimeters
- Signal generators