Optically Stimulated Luminescence (OSL) Dosimetry Service
State-of-the-art Technology for Measuring Radiation Exposure
Nowadays more than ever, hospitals, medical X-ray facilities, industrial companies, and researchers that work with radiation equipment need peace of mind that radiation exposure for employees and patients is as below the acceptable limits. The Landauer Optically Stimulated Luminescence (OSL) Dosimetry Service is the most advanced technology for measuring radiation exposure available today. It offers several advantages over conventional methods, including:
- Fast dose assessment
- Dosimeter archiving
- Non-destructive readouts
- High level of environmental stability
TÜV Rheinland is a fully accredited, notified body for offering OSL Dosimetry Services. We are also an ISO 17025:2009 Testing laboratory and also the first and only dosimetry laboratory authorized by the Department of Health – Food and Drugs Administration (DOH-FDA) as a Radiation Protection service provider as indicated in their Bureau Order No. 2011-123 of December 2011.
With our expert OSL services for measuring radiation exposure, you not only ensure that radiation protection is taken seriously at your facility. You also give employees and patients peace of mind that their safety is of the greatest concern to you.
Benefits At A Glance
With TÜV Rheinland as your partner for OSL Dosimetry services:
- You benefit from fast issuance of dose reports within 14 working days to plan and execute optimization measures. For your convenience, your dose reports can be issued through mail, fax or email.
- Badges are delivered directly to your facility by our personnel or via courier. The retrieved badges will be replaced by new OSL badges upon delivery.
- Your payments can either be deposited to our bank accounts or can be paid directly in our office.
- You can count on the reliability of our results (calibration is traceable to NIST)
- Dose assessments are automatically saved within the dosimeter and multiple devices as well
- You can give employees and patients peace of mind that industry-leading OSL technology provides the most trusted and reliable protection at your facility
The Most Advanced Technology for Radiation Monitoring
Known as the most advanced technology available for measuring radiation exposure, OSL Dosimetry uses Aluminium Oxide crystal detectors. With state-of-the-art technology provided by Landauer Inc., our laboratory uses the Microstar® OSL Dosimeter Reader, which stimulates the material with green light from a light-emitting diode source. After stimulation, the material emits blue light proportional to the material's radiation exposure. Our service is available for both personnel monitoring and dose verification for patients.
Unlike TLD or film for measuring radiation exposure, OSL dosimeters provide accurate dose readings, even when exposed to high temperatures, moisture, oil from fingers or when tampered with or dropped. OSL dosimeters can be analyzed several times, enabling deep investigation into unusual exposures. OSL dosimeters are also capable of storing data for a much longer period of time, giving you the flexibility to simplify your dosimetry program.