Low-Pollutant Construction for Healthier Buildings
Healthy indoor climates need construction materials low in pollutants. If you are a contractor, planner, or architect, our experts can advise you on which construction materials are suitable to select, and can also support you during construction site audits. Our materials list states more than 700 construction products tested for harmful substances. Are the components in your construction material not yet listed? We can test potential emissions using a test-chamber procedure and evaluate the results with our own catalog of criteria.
Benefits at a Glance
Support from TÜV Rheinland with low-pollutant construction helps you:
- Lower liability with documented safety standards
- Minimize harmful substance hazards during construction or renovation work and avoid health risks
- Gain the lead against the competition with a neutral audit seal
- Give your customers valuable guidance when deciding which products to select
TOXPROOF© - The Certiﬁcate for Low-Pollutant and Allergy-Friendly Buildings
Our TOXPROOF certificate proves to customers, contractors, and investors that no health risks are presented by harmful substances in the air indoors. On top of that, we can guarantee you that our test mark provides relief from allergies, as houses with ventilation systems use appropriate filters to reduce the amounts of dust and pollen in the air.
Basis of our Audit
Test Criteria for Construction Material Evaluation
- We determine the hazard potential of the products and materials used in building constructions, in terms of harmful substance emissions indoors. We also establish which products can cause harm to inhabitants by means of a product and material list. The data sheets, certificates, or safety sheets for the products we determine are then viewed to check the emission levels stated and evaluated in line with our catalog of criteria. If the information provided is not sufficient, we then test the products in our lab using a test-chamber, for example.
- We demonstrate on construction material replacement or substitution
Test Criteria For Evaluating Concentration of Harmful Substances in the Air
- We test and evaluate harmful substances in residential buildings by means of a representative number of indoor air inspections.
- In terms of our annual market assessment, we carry out spot-checks on the material following successful auditing. We repeat these once a year.