TÜV Rheinland India accepting IT (IS 13252) & Audio Video (IS 616) product samples for testing stated in Draft Gazette Notification for scope expansion of BIS Compulsory Registration Order 2012
TÜV Rheinland India has started accepting samples for testing new set of products listed in the expanded scope of Compulsory Registration Order 2012. TÜV Rheinland India is adequately equipped with competency and lab infrastructure to support OEMS, Designers and Manufacturers of the new set of products, to impeccably time their product to market.
Department of Electronics and IT (DeitY), in consultation with stakeholders, has proposed to expand the list of products under the said Order 2012. The list of the products proposed to be added to the schedule is placed in the form of a draft Gazette Notification.
Products mentioned in the new notification are Power Adaptors, UPS, Invertors, Batteries, Power Banks, Electronic Control Gear, LED Modules, Self-Ballasted LED Lamps, LED Luminaries, Mobile Phones, Cash Registers, Point of Sale (POS) Terminals, Copying Machines, Photo copiers, Smart Card Readers, Mail Processing Machines, Postage Machines, Franking Machines, and Passport Readers.
Extension of date for BIS Registration
The following notification is issued in continuation of the order
- Extension in date
- The date of coming into force of the “Electronics and IT Goods (Requirement of Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012” stands extended to 3rd July, 2013.
- Grandfathering of Products
- All products manufactured/imported before the notified date of coming into effect of the Order i.e. 3rd July, 2013 shall not be covered by the provisions of the Order.
- An additional period of three months for the manufacturing units to comply fully with “Electronics and IT Goods (Requirement of Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012” shall be available w.e.f. 4th July, 2013 subject to the following:
- Manufacturing Units:
- which submit the request for registration to Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) with complete test reports from BIS recognized labs before July 3, 2013 are allowed such an extension of time till October 3, 2013 for full compliance with the Order.
- which submit the products to the BIS recognized labs before July 3, 2013, but test reports are not available, be levied a fee on a per month basis at the rates specified in Annexure A to this notification, for such period till they submit request for registration to BIS with complete test reports.
- which do not submit the products to the BIS recognized labs before July 3, 2013, be levied a fee on a per month basis at 3 times the rates specified in Annexure A to this notification, for such period till they submit their samples for testing and thereafter with a fee on a per month basis at the rates specified in Annexure A to this notification for such period till they submit request for registration to BIS with complete test reports.
- Manufacturing Units:
For additional details please refer the attachment from download section
Indian approval for Electronics and Information Technology products
TÜV Rheinland (India) is one of the first International certification body with complete scope of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) recognition for IT, Audio/Video and household products categories under the compulsory registration scheme notified by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Government of India.
Bridging the gap between People-Technology-Safety, the Indian Government has taken a big leap by bringing “Electronics and Information Technology Goods Order 2012” (Requirements for Compulsory Registration), ensuring safer products to Indian consumers.
The Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), under Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, against the aforesaid order, has regulated 15 electronics and information technologies goods under compulsory registration scheme through Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS); which shall come into force on 03rd April 2013, i.e., 6 months from the date of publication of the Official Gazette dated 03rd Oct, 2012.
The regulation mandates registration with BIS for products ranging from Electronic Games (Video), Laptop / Notebook / Tablets, Plasma/LCD/LED Televisions, Optical Disc Players With built in amplifiers, Microwave Ovens, Visual Display Units, Video Monitors, Printers, Plotters, Scanners, Wireless Keyboards, Telephone Answering Machines, Amplifiers , Electronic Musical Systems, Electronic Clocks with Mains Power, Set Top Boxes, Automatic Data Processing Machines like servers, blades and desktop computers.
The Registration process involves submission of an application form through an applicant (local manufacturer, local office/representative of the foreign manufacturer, importer or dealer) and a compliance test report from a BIS recognized laboratory as per the applicable Indian Standard.
The mandated electronics and information technology goods shall be labeled as “Self declaration - Confirming to IS (Standards No.) Registration No: XXXX” before they are placed in the Indian market after obtaining registration from BIS. The registration issued by BIS is valid for 2 years and is further renewed for 2 years based on applicant request.
Benefits at a Glance
With TÜV Rheinland's BIS recognized lab support, you can:
- Gain a competitive edge by showing compliance to the regulatory requirements
- Meet the timelines by our optimized laboratory infrastructure, resource and flexibility to operate in multiple shifts
- Benefit from our fast testing times and long-standing experience
|Product||IS Standard||Title of Standard|
||IS 13252:2010||Information technology equipment - Safety - General requirements|
||IS 13252:2003||Information technology equipment - Safety - General requirements|
||IS 616:2010||Audio, video and similar electronic apparatus - Safety requirements|
||IS 302-2-25:1994||Safety of household and similar electrical appliances: Part 2 Particular requirements: Section 25 Microwave ovens|
||IS 302-2-26:1994||Safety of household and similar electrical appliances: Part 2 Particular requirements: Section 26 Electronic clocks|
TÜV Rheinland (India) Services: “Compliance Test Reports” for compulsory Bureau of Indian Standards Registration
- Bureau of Indian Standards Registration (PDF, 492 KB)
- Notification - Electronics and Information Technology Goods (PDF, 9.45 MB)
- Notification for extension of electronics and it goods compulsory registration order 2012 (PDF, 132 KB)
- Frequently asked questions (PDF, 561 KB)
- Guidelines for series formation (PDF, 50 KB)