Reliable Systems with Product Audits
Today, electronic systems and software are unimaginable without modern machines and devices. Their safety and reliability are of utmost importance. Our experts audit your products according to applicable standards, such as the new ISO 13849-1 standard, which governs safe functioning of machinery and devices. The EN 62061 and EN 61058 standards focus on electronic functions and software. If you wish, our experts will also support you during product development.
Benefits at a Glance
With product audits and certifications from TÜV Rheinland you can:
- Communicate your high safety standards
- Reduce your liability risk by demonstrating your safety standards
- Gain a competitive advantage through third-party certification
- Use certification to demonstrate your compliance with legal requirements
- Benefit from fast audit times and our many years of experience
Use our one-stop services – the following provides an overview of our “Functional Safety” services:
- Support in defining required safety or performance levels according to the ISO 13849-1 or EN 62061 norm.
- Determine or check the safety or performance levels achieved: analysis of the actual safety range. Safety ranges are classified by performance level “a, b, c, d, e” or safety level “1, 2, 3.” These are partially derived from the previous categories from the EN 954-1 standard, but contain additional random parameters.
- Audit of devices with software and embedded systems according to the low voltage directive.
- Audit of software safety according to the EN 61058 norm: test software and consider the entire life cycle – from requirement profiles to software architecture and change management.
- In-house training courses in functional safety.
New Standard for Safety Functions in Machines and Devices
Previously, standard EN 954-1 was used to certify safety functions in machines and devices. This standard has been withdrawn. In future, safety functions will be assessed using the ISO 13849-1 or EN 62061 norm. For some product standards the transition deadline is November 30, 2012. Our employees are happy to advise you on how to meet the requirements of these new standards.