13 July, 2013, (EU) No 665/2013 and (EU) No 666/2013 were published on Official Journal of the European Union and entered into force on 2 Aug, 2013.
(EU) No 665/2013 is commission delegated regulation supplementing directive 2010/30/EU with regard to energy labeling of vacuum cleaners
(EU) No 666/2013 is implementing measure for ErP Directive 2009/125/EC (2005/32/EC) for vacuum cleaners
Products in scope: electric mains-operated vacuum cleaners, including hybrid vacuum cleaners. It shall not apply to wet, wet and dry, battery operated, robot, industrial, central vacuum cleaners, floor polishers or outdoor vacuums.
Above mentioned vacuum cleaners shall comply to the requirements of (EU) No 666/2013 as well as Directive 2009/125/EC in able to mark with CE.
TUV Rheinland offers consultancy if your product shall be assessed against the directive to enable to minimize your financial risks because your products might be ordered sales ban if not in compliance. Furthermore a financial risk of penalties imposed by European authorities if your company marketed a product that does not comply with statutory requirements.
Vacuum cleaners shall comply with the following requirements:
From 1 September 2014(stage I):
- annual energy consumption ≤ 62,0kWh/year
- rated input power ≤ 1600W
- dust pick up on carpet for carpet vacuum cleaners ≥ 0,70
- dust pick up on hard floor for hard floor vacuum cleaners ≥ 0,95
- energy label containing the necessary information: suppliers’ name or trademark, model, energy efficiency class, average annual energy consumption, carpet or hard floor cleaning performance class , sound power level etc.