Standard update for information technology equipment – Safety in the scope of IEC/EN 60950-1
EN 60950-1:2006/A11:2009 are to be replaced by EN 60950-1:2006/A1:2010. The date of withdrawal (DOW) has been set as 1 March 2013. Accordingly, from 1 March 2013, all information technology equipment for use in the EU must be tested and certified for conformity with the new EN 60950-1:2006/A1:2010 standard or the latest standard: EN 60950-1:2006/A12:2011.
EN 60950-1:2006/A1:2010 is to be replaced by EN 60950-1:2006/A12:2011. The DOW has been set as 24 January 2013. Hence, from this date, all information technology equipment for use in the EU must be tested and certified for conformity with the latest standard: EN 60950-1:2006/A12:2011.
In light of the aforementioned DOWs, we strongly suggest that you apply for standard updates for all valid certificates for which the EN 60950-1:2006/A11:2009 or EN 60950-1:2006/A1:2010 standard applies.
TÜV Rheinland is well-equipped to offer testing and certification services in accordance with the new standard, which includes requirements for the following countries/regions.
- CB scheme: IEC 60950-1:2005/A1:2009
- German GS mark or Bauart mark: DIN EN 60950-1:2006/A12:2011
- TÜV T-mark: BS EN 60950-1:2006/A12:2011
- European CE marking: EN 60950-1:2006/A12:2011
We recommend that you update existing certificates as early as possible to meet the latest requirements. Please contact the TÜV Rheinland office nearest you if you require assistance or further information.
《Overview of Differences》
EN 60950-1:2006/A1:2010 includes the following significant changes from EN 60950-1:2006/A11:2009.
- Modified requirements for bridging resistors (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168)
- Additional requirements for VDR (22.214.171.124)
- Modified marking requirement for equipment with multiple MAINS SUPPLY connections (126.96.36.199)
- Modified compliance criteria for LPS (2.5 c)
- Additional and modified requirements for safety interlocks (2.8.4)
- Modified requirements for minimum creepage distances (Table 2N)
- Additional requirements for rack-mounted equipment that should comply with Annex DD (4.2.1)
- Additional requirements for rotating solid media (4.2.11)
- Additional requirements for UV radiation (188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206)
- Modified requirement for LEDs whose compliance standard is changed to IEC 62471 (220.127.116.11)
- Additional requirements for protection against moving fan blades (4.4.5)
- Additional requirements for evaluation of IC current limiters (Annex CC)
- Additional requirements for the mounting of rack-mounted equipment (Annex DD)
- Additional requirements for household and home/office document/media shredders (Annex EE)
EN 60950-1:2006/A12:2011 includes numerous changes from EN 60950-1:2006/A1:2010, such as additional requirements for protection against excessive sound pressure from personal music players