EC Railroad Engineering Conformity Certification
Marketing EC Conformed Railroad Engineering in Europe
Europe's railroad network is taking shape. Alignment is currently the highest priority on the agenda. Interoperability of rail transport across borders is becoming increasingly important, for all aspects of rail transportation, including trains, infrastructure, or control and safety technology. Our employees can carry out EC conformity audits of your railroad engineering systems. As an authorized body, we can provide you with the required certification, including TSI certification, which covers technical specifications that document the interoperability of your machines and systems. Get the go-ahead for your railroad engineering with our EC accreditation.
Benefits at a Glance
A CE-based audit and certification of railroad engineering from TÜV Rheinland helps you:
- Ensure interoperability of your rail engineering within or outside European countries
- Benefit from access to our respected contacts around the globe and our good relations with authorities, locomotive infrastructure companies, EIU, and manufacturers
- Take advantage of our extensive experience in EC auditing and certification based on TSI, including our own European network for testing bodies for interoperability
- Acquire audits and certification from one source, saving you time and money
Our Rail Engineering Conformity Evaluation and Certification
Our experts carry out conformity evaluation and certification for vehicles, infrastructures, energy supply, control and safety technology, and their components. We offer the following as individual procedures:
- CE auditing of partial systems based on directives 96/48/EC or 2001/16/EC and 2008/57/EC and the accompanying technical specifications for interoperability, or TSIs for short
- Conformity evaluation of constituents for interoperability
- Evaluation of quality management systems based on specific TSI requirements, for example based on module D, H2, or SD and SH2
- Preparation of technical dossiers and infrastructure registers
- Certification of audit results and documentation of certificates for EC accreditation
Our Accreditation and Licenses for Rail Engineering Conformity Audits
TÜV Rheinland's InterTraffic operates two notified bodies – Luxcontrol Nederland B.V. and FiTRail – and is an associated partner of EBC as well as Gesellschafter der Sconrail AG (pre-notified body) in Switzerland. Further approvals include:
- Inspection body type A based on the DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020 norm.
- Certification body based on the DIN EN 45011 norm.
- In France we are nationally recognized as an EOQA for urban rail networks and OQ for long-distance and main-line trains. In the UK we are recognized by Network Rail and UKAS/DfT and also by IVW for accreditation audits in the Netherlands (Goedkeuring).
- Auditor for IRIS.
- We also offer various individual accreditations from rail engineering approval and monitoring authorities, such as the Federal Railroad Office (EBA) and TABs.