Approval in Rail Transport Made Easy
It's your shiny new locomotive, ready to hit the tracks. Or it's the exciting business connections just waiting to be made beyond your country's borders. Our staff are here to help you through the required domestic and international approval processes. We will assist you in fulfilling country-specific requirements. And we can help coordinate with the appropriate authorities, should any problems arise. Our approval management covers high-speed trains, regional trains, locomotives, freight cars, and more. We will also advise you in the approval of vehicles or infrastructure components at home and abroad.
Benefits at a Glance
The approval management service from TÜV Rheinland helps you:
- Fulfill different country’s legal requirements needed for your approval and operating license
- Ensure compliance of your products and services with the EC Directives 96/48/EC and 2001/16/EC.
- Gain access to our European network of Notified Bodies for Interoperability, such as Luxcontrol Nederland B.V. in the Netherlands or FitRail in Denmark
- Simplify your negotiations with authorities - using us as independent and neutral mediators
- Get comprehensive support from a single source and benefit from our years of experience in approval management in the rail transport sector
Our Approval Management Service in the Rail Transport Sector
Our experts will advise and guide you through the domestic and international approval processes for:
- Significant modifications made to vehicles
- Infrastructure components
- Operating as carriers and service providers in the railway sector
An Overview of Our Approval Management
Determination of the exact requirements for approval and coordinating with the appropriate authorities, where necessary.
Completion of EC verification according to the EC Directives 96/48/EC (interoperability of trans-European high-speed rail system) and 2001/16/EC (interoperability of conventional trans-European rail system).
Accompany the approval process (for example, moderating negotiations between parties).
Resolution of complex technical problems.
Help in preparing the required documentation for approval.