Approval in Long-Distance and Regional Rail Transport Made Easy
It's your shiny new locomotive, ready to hit the tracks. Or it's the exciting business connections just waiting to be made beyond your country's borders. Our staff is here to help you through the required domestic and international approval processes. We will inform you of the country-specific requirements and coordinate these with the responsible authorities, if applicable.
Our approval management covers high-speed trains, regional trains, locomotives, freight cars, and more. We will also assist you in the approval of vehicles or infrastructure components at home and abroad.
Benefits at a Glance
The approval management service from TÜV Rheinland helps you:
- Fulfill different country’s legal requirements needed for your approval and operating license
- Ensure compliance of your products and services with the EC Directives 96/48/EC and 2001/16/EC
- Simplify your negotiations with authorities - using us as independent and neutral mediators
- Get comprehensive support from a single source and benefit from our years of experience in approval management in the rail transport sector
Support in the Approval in Long-Distance or Regional Rail Transport
Our experts will inform and guide you through the domestic and international approval processes for:
- Significant modifications made to vehicles
- Infrastructure components
- Operating as carriers and service providers in the railway sector
An Overview of Our Approval Management
Determination of the exact requirements for approval and coordinating with the appropriate authorities, where necessary.
Completion of EC verification according to the EC Directive 2008/57/EC (regarding the interoperability of the trans-European rail system).
Assistance with the approval process (for example, moderating negotiations between parties).
Resolution of complex technical problems.
Help in preparing the required documentation for approval.