Barbecues and Accessories
Healthy Barbecuing Made Easy
Whether it’s electrically powered or fueled by charcoal and gas - transparent safety and quality marks make it easier for buyers to find the right barbecue. We can test the design and stability of your barbecues and accessories, and can even evaluate heat distribution and ease of cleaning. As a notified body, we can support manufacturers of electric grills in implementation of the EMC Directive 2014/30/EU.
Benefits at a Glance
With an internationally recognized test mark of TÜV Rheinland, you can:
- Minimize the risk of liability with documented safety standards
- Boost confidence in the quality of your products
- Gain a competitive lead with a neutral test mark
- Make it easier for your customers to decide which product to purchase
Our experience in the barbecue sector is multifaceted
Whether electrical or mechanical - we will carry out the safety test for the awarding of the GS mark in accordance with the (German) Product Safety Act (ProdSG) or in accordance with applicable standards and quality relevant testing and certification programmes.
Barbecue charcoal and barbecue charcoal briquettes
Testing and certification in accordance with the requirements of the European standard DIN EN 1860. Exceptional burning power due to the definition of the additional proportions of carbon, water and ash in the European standard.
No quantities of poisonous or dangerous substances which may pose a health risk when burning safe firelighters. Among other things, the European standard determines the flame point and the chemical composition. We test whether the applicable values are complied with.
Testing the safety for the market of products in contact with Foodstuffs
The chemical testing of the required objects allows the suitability for contact with food to be determined in accordance with the legal requirements of the German Food and Feed Code (LFGB).
Testing of performance characteristics
Testing the suitability of a product for its intended use. The assessment takes place on the basis of various user relevant performance characteristics under fixed conditions.
As an accredited test authority, we carry out chemical and quality tests in accordance with national and international standards/directives for a wide range of textile products, e. g. barbecue gloves.
EMC and EMF
Whoever wants to sell electrical or electronic products worldwide should comply with the EMC directive 2014/30/EU. As a “notified body”, we can flexibly and competently support you during this process.
- Display all
Our Testing Programs by the example of charcoal grills
We offer two different testing programs to confirm your product characteristics:
GS mark - "Safety Tested" Test program in accordance to DIN EN 1860-1
- Strength of spit and grate
- Dimensional inspection
- EN 1860 testing
- Temperature test
The Q-mark can also be awarded together with the GS mark .
Q-mark "Quality Characteristics"
- Ability to separate fire shell and grate into components
- Features such as shelves
- Review of manual and labeling
- Evaluation of materials in accordance with food and feed regulations (Lebensmittel-, Bedarfsgegenstände- und Futtermittelgesetzbuch, or LFBG)
- Even heat distribution
- Effectiveness of chafing shelf
- Practical handling of grill accessories
- Ease of cleaning
- Speed of readiness of barbecue
- Stability of legs; rigidity
- User-friendly assembly and disassembly
We also offer tests based on individual parameters.
Examples of Products for Certification
- Barbecues, as gas grills, pan grills, grill trolleys, outdoor stoves, charcoal grills, kettle grills, electric barbecue grills or trunk grills
- Accessories, like charcoal, barbecue set, barbecue skewers, meat staples, and lighters
- Textiles, such as gloves and aprons