Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Better Safety with Tested Protective Equipment
The 89/686/EWG directive consolidates safety regulations for protective equipment for all of Europe. We will carry out the required tests and certification of your product based on the Personal Protective Equipment Directive, PPE. This means your protective equipment will be authorized to carry the CE mark. In addition, we will test parts of the protective equipment for which no European norms have yet been set.
Benefits at a Glance
With an internationally renowned test mark from TÜV Rheinland you can:
- Improve your position against the competition based on our neutral test mark
- Minimize liability for your company with documented safety standards
- Benefit from short audit times that will also help quick introduction to the market
- Offer your customers valuable orientation to help them decide which products to select
- Document implementation of legal requirements with test reports and certificates
- EC type-examination based on article 10 of the PPE directive
You apply to us to have an EC type-examination done for a specific model. We carry out the EC type-examination based on up-to-date and harmonized norms as follows:
- We inspect the product's technical documents
- We inspect the product itself to ensure that the product has been manufactured according to the technical manufacturing documents and can be used safely in accordance with its intended purpose
- EC quality assurance for the final product, based on article 11A of the PPE directive 89/686/EWG
We ensure that the manufacturing process of your products, including the product itself, coheres with the requirements of the PPE directive, as well as the prototype adherence described in the EC type inspection document. This also includes the final audit of the product and the tests. Finally, you receive an expert report.
- EC quality system with survey, based on article 11B of the PPE directive 89/686/EWG
You apply for a permit for your quality assurance system, and we test this based on the directive's specifications.
- Pre-shipment survey
- Footwear, occupational footwear and safety footwear
- Head protection (helmets)
- Protective equipment for eyes and face
- Protective gloves and clothing