Playgrounds and Playground Equipment
Playgrounds safe and secure
The safety of children is one of the most important things for any parent. Statistics in Italy reveal over 15,000 accidents per year for the use of playground equipment located within playgrounds.
The main causes of accidents are due to:
• Obsolete games and not meeting the regulations;
• Equipment not properly installed, damaged or no well-kept;
• Presence of obstacles fixed and dangerous (plants, street furniture, etc ...) not carefully considered during the design;
• Lack of surfaces for the absorption of impact in case of falls.
Our experts inspect and monitor the playgrounds and their equipment in the schools, kindergartens and public and private structures. We identify possible defects, we help to remove possible hazards and provide evidence on the proper maintenance and compliance with EN 1176. We also provide training courses about inspection, maintenance and evaluation of the playground equipment according to relevant regulations.
TÜV Rheinland Italy is accredited and has many years of experience in the verification of the correct installation of playgrounds in order to avoid risks difficult to predict and often not considered.
TÜV Rheinland Italy addresses to producers and handlers (Public Administration, Condominiums, Shopping Centers, etc ...) of playgrounds areas, as ultimately responsible in case of accidents, for the '' Testing and Certification '' of compliance of regulations.
"TÜV Rheinland Italy - always committed to the safety of children"
Benefits at a Glance
With inspections and product certifications TÜV Rheinland you can:
• Contribute actively to prevent accidents
• Reduce the risk of liability, certifying your playground to the highest safety standards
• Increase the reliability of your playground equipment
• Gaining a competitive advantage through third party certification
• Benefit from fast audit times and our experience
TÜV Rheinland Italy is able to offer the following services:
• testing and certifications for newly installed playground facilities;
• inspections and compliance audits of playground facilities already installed;
• Test Head Injury Criterion (HIC) of anti-trauma areas.
• Training courses about inspection, maintenance and evaluation of the playground equipment according to relevant regulations.
Requirements for the release of our brand test
- The implementation of the requirements for a quality management system. For example: qualified personnel
- Regular inspections of the production process
- Documentation proving carried inspections
- Climbing facilities
Download Leaflet Playground click here (PDF, 277 KB)