Green Energy from Biowaste
By using biogas made from organic waste products such as manure, old grease or food waste, you put your trust in an inexhaustible energy source that provides valuable electricity around the clock. Which is why biomass is becoming becoming increasingly important as a source of CO2-neutral energy - besides wind and water power.
Our experts help manufacturers and operators of biogas plants through all phases - from planning and construction to safe plant operations. So you can maximize legal certainty in dealings with authorities and minimize your risk of outages and accidents.
Benefits At A Glance
With services for biogas plants by TÜV Rheinland, you:
- Gain planning and operational peace of mind throughout all phases of the project.
- Minimize the risks of outage and plant failure.
- Benefit from our long-standing customer and industry experience, our high quality standards, and our neutrality.
- Rely on the support of our large network of experts with highly trained personnel.
Our Services for Biogas Plants at a Glance
Our services for biogas plants encompass the whole life cycle:
- Planning and approval document check
- Consulting for technical optimization processes of your plant for heat supply systems and CHP concepts
- Review of the plant in terms of the relevant building regulations and codes
- Review of the plant in terms of requirements for building permits and the authorization notification
- Review of safety equipment, including electrical and lightning protection systems
- Creation of explosion protection documentation and risk assessments
- Testing of steel chimneys for compliance with DIN V 4133
- Staff training
- Certification of plant material flow in compliance with EEG
The Legal Basis
Our services for biogas plant testing ensure compliance with the following regulations, norms, and guidelines:
- German workplace safety regulations (Betriebssicherheitsverordnung, or BetrSichV)
- German water supply regulations (Wasserhaushaltsgesetz)
- German national water regulations (Landeswassergesetz)
- German regulations on the handling of hazardous materials and specialized companies (Verordnung über Anlagen zum Umgang mit wassergefährdenden Stoffen und über Fachbetriebe, or VawS)
- Technical regulations for flammable liquids (Technische Regeln für brennbare Flüssigkeiten, TRbF)
- Technical regulation for water hazardous substances (Technische Regeln für wassergefährdende Stoffe, or TRwS)
- Construction regulations
- Pollution control regulations
- Waste disposal legislation
- Fertilizer regulations
- Animal disease and carcass disposal regulations