Suitability Testing – QAL1-Certification
Measurement Testing for Suitability
The best environmental protection is based on tested and certified instruments that continuously measure and monitor emissions and ambient air quality. In our suitability-testing laboratory, we test and can certify the instruments you use to monitor emissions and determine ambient air conditions. Our tests and certifications comply with the DIN EN 15267 series of regulations. And our tests for instruments that monitor ambient air conditions comply with the relevant guidelines.
Benefits at a Glance
With TÜV Rheinland’s suitability testing for automatic measurement systems, you can:
- Ensure that your equipment is tested in accordance with the latest requirements
- Take advantage of the comprehensive expertise of our air pollution control experts
- Get support for notification of suitability and certification
Certification of Instruments Monitoring Emissions and Ambient Air and Evaluation Systems
Our services include:
- Suitability tests of instruments that measure emissions and monitor ambient air and of evaluation systems
- Support in applying for approval from the responsible regulatory agency, the Committee of German Federal States for Protection from Pollution (Länderausschuss Immissionsschutz (LAI))
- Auditing and certification in compliance with DIN EN 15267
Upon successful completion of the suitability testing, your emission and ambient air monitoring instruments and evaluation systems are certified. These certifications are entered into the official database qal1.de (link) and in our TUVdotCOM database with additional information.
Testing and Certification of Ambient Air Monitoring Equipment
For both national and international companies, our suitability-testing laboratory provides qualification testing and certification for ambient air measurement systems in compliance with the latest regulations. This includes all services associated with certification for the EN 15267 series of regulations. Our laboratory tests the suitability of ambient air instrument systems – both for classic point-related measurement methods and optical remote measuring systems.
Testing and Certification of Equipment for Emissions Monitoring and Data Evaluation – QAL1 Certification
To comply with DIN EN 14181, emissions measured and monitored by government mandate in Europe must use measurement and data acquisition equipment that has successfully passed suitability testing. The equipment that must be tested includes:
- Equipment that continuously measures emissions and determines exhaust gas boundary conditions
- Data acquisition systems (computers that evaluate emissions) that monitor and evaluate data; in accordance with regulatory statutes, this can include remote data transmission systems