Driver’s License Regulation Checks
Aptitude Tests for Professional Drivers
Do your employees need to take regular aptitude tests for their job behind the wheel? We can examine the medical aptitude of bus drivers, truck drivers, and taxi drivers - and can also test psychomental performance for passenger transportation licenses. Our experts can issue your employees with all the required certificates in accordance with driver’s license regulations (Annex V and VI of Fahrerlaubnisverordnung, or FEV). Where necessary, we can also confirm the results of reaction tests in an assessment.
Benefits at a Glance
With TÜV Rheinland as your partner for driver’s license examinations:
- You fulfill all necessary legal requirements
- Your employees recognize health defects on time and can begin therapy earlier
- You benefit from our research facilities in several locations
- You save time and money through efficient management and short-term appointments
After we arrange an appointment by telephone, we conduct the check-up for your employees in an occupational health center in your area. Depending on whether they are applying for license for first time or renewing, a psychomental performance test may be required in the form of a reaction test – for example, for passenger transportation licenses. We can provide certificates in accordance with driver’s license regulations (Annex V and VI of Fahrerlaubnisverordnung, or FEV), where necessary in a report with the results of performance tests.
According to driver’s license regulations (Fahrerlaubnisverordnung, or FeV for short), the following groups require tests:
- Upon first application for license categories A, A1, B, BE, M, L, and T (Group 1) - indefinite issue
- For initial application and renewal of driver’s license categories C, C1, CE, C1e, D, D1, DE, D1E, and passenger transportation (Group 2)
- Every five years for license categories C and D, and for passenger transportation (Group 2)