Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA) – Freight Security Requirements
Stay Secure with TAPA’s Freight Security Requirements Standards
Security is of paramount importance today, especially for high tech companies. The Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA) is an organization made up of security professionals representing high tech companies and related service providers.
TAPA has developed two sets of standards: Freight Security Requirements (FSR) and Truck Security Requirements (TSR). FSR – which can be achieved at one of three levels: class A, B, and C, with class A being the highest level of security – monitors the level of security for facilities and warehouses used for storing and transporting goods.
TÜV Rheinland – the only company in Asia with ISO 28000 accreditation and one of only two globally – can help you meet TAPA’s FSR standards. Through our global network, we have highly skilled auditors with experience in multiple security standards who will work with you to ensure that your standards are all they should be.
Benefits at a Glance
By using our high-quality services, you will:
- Achieve a level of security recognized throughout the high tech industry
- Meet the requirements of companies such as Dell or HP that want you to have TAPA certification
- Show your clients that you meet and exceed industry security requirements
- Become part of a growing global trend
- Gain a lead against the competition with a neutral audit seal
- Reduce risk of company liability with documented safety standards
- Benefit from fast audit times and our long-standing experience
- Show how high your high-quality standards are
- Benefit from TÜV Rheinland’s exclusive, one-stop service
- Ensure compliance with local governmental and legal requirements
TAPA audits are conducted using a checklist style audit. Facilities are monitored and score points based on their level of security.
TAPA’s goal is to:
- Establish best known security practices in freight transportation and influence their adoption by regulatory bodies
- Promote compliance with identified best practices
- Identify the latest technology for protecting assets