Sustainable Construction – DGNB, LEED and BREEAM
DGNB, LEED and BREEAM Certification for Sustainable Constructions
Economically efficient and environmentally friendly green buildings reduce resource waste and protect human health. Ecologically sensible and cost-conscious sustainable construction provides opportunities to improve energy and raw material efficiency in any building – whether new or old, residential or commercial.
According to your needs, we make sure that the sustainability concept of your property complies with the guidelines set by the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB), the Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM), or the US Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design certificate (LEED).
As an accredited certification body we can certify that green buildings are constructed with due attention to energy saving, water efficiency, reduction of CO2 emissions and the responsible use of resources. Our team will provide you with comprehensive advice on the sustainable construction of new buildings in accordance with ecologically sustainable concepts.
Get sustainability certification of your building according to well-known green building rating systems such as DGNB, LEED or BREEAM.
Benefits of Our BREEAM, LEED and DGNB Building Certification at a Glance
With the sustainable construction certification services and advice on DGNB, LEED or BREEAM from TÜV Rheinland, you can:
- Obtain unparalleled expert services to help you demonstrate environmental leadership and increase the value of your assets on the market.
- Upgrade your building systems and processes to sustainable construction standards to conserve energy and water and reduce costs.
- Make your real estate more attractive to cost-conscious investors, owners, and end-users concerned about the environment.
- Receive documented proof of the sustainability of your buildings through internationally recognized schemes such as LEED certification, DGNB certification and BREEAM certification.
- Benefit from the latest developments in the sustainable construction field, by virtue of our DGNB membership.
- Offer visitors, guests and residents a comfortable and healthy living space.
- Actively protect the environment through energy-saving and resource-efficient real estate management.
Please feel free to contact us at TÜV Rheinland to learn more about how our sustainable construction services can benefit your organization.
Services for a Sustainable Construction according DGNB, LEED and BREEAM
Our experts provide comprehensive advice and certification, covering every aspect of sustainable construction. Our services include:
- Providing recommendations for achieving economically efficient, environmentally friendly and resource-efficient buildings, ensuring investors, owners and end-users long-term high building values.
- Preparing and submitting documentation for certification as evidence that your building’s sustainability is compliant with the guidelines set out by the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB), the Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) or the US Green Building Council’s LEED certificate.
Our Energy and Sustainable Construction Services
In addition to advice on sustainable construction and support in gaining green building certification, we provide consulting services, testing and certification in the following areas:
Implement and improve energy-saving technologies and resource-conserving processes at your property to get a better energy rating.
Building simulation and life-cycle assessment
Creating a pleasant indoor climate using energy-saving heating and cooling systems is challenging. Thermal building simulations conducted by our experts let you know how to make your property energy-efficient, even before building work begins.
Building Envelope Testing
By performing analytical tests, we can detect weak points in the building envelope. Thermal imaging leak detection identifies heat leaks by means of infrared images. Air tightness testing enables us to pinpoint leaks in windows and doors.
LEED Certification - Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
LEED, an internationally recognized mark of excellence, provides building owners and operators with a framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions. LEED transforms the way that individual buildings and homes are designed, built and operated. Comprehensive and flexible, LEED principles continue throughout a building's life cycle.
Developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) in 2000, LEED rating systems are based on an open, consensus-based process led by LEED committees.
BREEAM Certification - Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method
Established in the UK, the Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) is a voluntary rating for green buildings. BREEAM sets the standard for best practice in sustainable building design, construction and operation and has become one of the most comprehensive and widely recognized measures of a building's environmental performance.
The DGNB certification is a procedure developed by the German Sustainable Building Council from practice in the assessment and planning of sustainable buildings. DGNB certification covers all essential aspects of sustainable buildings including ecological, economical, sociocultural and functional aspects as well as technology, processes and site. Each of these aspects contains special criteria that can be designed and weighted differently, depending on the project.
- Reference Case: Arena Corinthians, Brazil (PDF, 644 KB)