Green Building Certification
Green Building for Better Living Quality and a Healthier Environment
Green buildings are economically efficient, environmentally friendly, resource-efficient, and health-promoting constructions that attract ecologically aware and cost-conscious people. Opportunities to improve energy and raw material efficiency can be found in any building – whether new or old, residential or commercial.
The experts at TÜV Rheinland are accredited to ensure that green buildings are constructed with due attention to energy saving, water efficiency, reduction of CO2 emissions and the responsible use of resources. Our team will provide you with comprehensive advice on the construction of new buildings in accordance with ecologically sustainable concepts. In addition, we can help you with the construction of energy-efficient and sustainable buildings, which are also cost-effective. According to your needs, we make surethat the sustainability concept of your property complies with the guidelines set by the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB), the Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM), or the US Green Building Council’s LEED certificate.
Green Building schemes offer a sustainable perspective on building design and management, guaranteeing to end-users that their buildings are constructed with responsible use of resources and integrated design practices. These are all good for the environment.
Benefits of Our Green Building Services at a Glance
With the Green Building Certification services and advice on sustainable construction from TÜV Rheinland, you can:
- Obtain the unparalleled services that are provided by our experts to help you demonstrate your environmental leadership and increase the value of your assets on the market.
- Upgrade your building systems and processes to sustainable operations at a lower cost by the conservation of energy and water.
- Make your buildings more attractive for environmentally-aware and cost-conscious investors, owners, and end-users of real estate.
- Receive internationally recognized, documented proof of the sustainability of your buildings, such as LEED certification, DGNB certification and BREEAM certification.
- Benefit from the latest developments in the sustainable construction field, by virtue of our membership of the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB).
- Offer visitors, guests, and residents a comfortable and healthy living space.
- Actively protect the environment through energy-saving and resource-efficient real estate management.
Please feel free to contact us at TÜV Rheinland to learn more about how our Green Building Certification services can benefit your organization.
Services for Green Building
Our experts provide comprehensive advice and certification, covering every aspect of sustainable construction. Our services include:
- Recommendations for achieving economically efficient, environmentally friendly and resource-efficient buildings, ensuring for investors, owners, and end-users that your buildings maintain high values for a long time to come.
- Preparing and submitting documentation for certification as evidence that your building’s sustainability is compliant with the guidelines set out by the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB), the Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) or the US Green Building Council’s LEED certificate.
Our Energy and Sustainable Construction Services
In addition to advice on sustainable construction and support in gaining green building certification, we provide consulting services, testing, and certification in the following areas:
LEED - Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
LEED, an internationally recognized mark of excellence, provides building owners and operators with a framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions. The way that individual buildings and homes are designed, built and operated is transformed by LEED. Since LEED is comprehensive and flexible, it continues to work throughout a building's life cycle.
Developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) in 2000, the LEED rating systems are based on an open, consensus-based process led by LEED committees.
BREEAM - Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method
The Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) , established in the UK, is a voluntary rating for green buildings. BREEAM sets the standard for best practice in sustainable building design, construction and operation and has become one of the most comprehensive and widely recognized measures of a building's environmental performance.
The DGNB certificate is a tool developed by the German Sustainable Building Council from practice in the assessment and planning of sustainable buildings. It covers all essential aspects of sustainable buildings: ecology, economics, sociocultural and functional aspects, technology, processes and site. Each aspect contains special criteria that can be designed and weighted differently, depending on the project.
Reference Case: Arena Corinthians, Brazil (PDF, 644 KB)