Energy Efficient Buildings
Energy Efficient Buildings and Sustainable Construction
Efficient use of energy protects the environment, lowers costs and is a significant factor for many people when choosing property. With energy efficient buildings and sustainable construction, you can actively save resources.
Our experts will show you how you can use energy efficient construction materials and implement resource-conserving processes to create energy efficient real estate.
Besides assuring "sustainability in construction" services, we can issue legally required energy certification of buildings providing information about your property’s energy efficiency. In addition, we can provide you with energy labels including third-party energy efficiency evaluation, testing and certification.
Ensure energy efficiency and plan buildings that meet sustainable construction standards.
Benefits of Energy Efficient Buildings at a Glance
With TÜV Rheinland’s services for sustainable construction, you can:
- Actively protect the environment through real estate that conserves resources and is energy efficient.
- Significantly aid environmentally concerned individuals looking to buy or rent sustainable property.
- Harness energy-saving potential to lower energy consumption and reduce costs.
- Receive legally required energy certification proving your property’s good energy rating.
- Receive internationally recognized verification of the energy efficiency and sustainability of your buildings.
- Qualify for an energy certification of buildings by implementing energy efficient construction materials.
Please contact us at TÜV Rheinland to learn more about how sustainable construction or energy certification of buildings can positively impact the market value of your real estate.
Services for Sustainable Construction and Energy Efficient Buildings
Our team of experts will give you comprehensive advice on energy efficiency in construction. Their services include:
- Recommendations on how to implement energy-saving technologies and resource-conserving processes at your property to improve its energy rating.
- Providing legally required energy certification of buildings.
- Analysis of the technical, commercial, and organizational potentials of energy-saving technologies on your behalf as a building operator and objective assessment of the capital and operating costs.
- Considering sustainable construction in all building projects as certification becomes increasingly important.
Our Energy and Sustainability Services
In addition to helping you improve the energy efficiency of your real estate, we also offer you advice, testing and certification in the following areas:
Building simulation and life-cycle assessment
Creating a pleasant indoor climate using energy-saving heating and cooling systems is challenging. Thermal building simulations conducted by our experts let you know how to make your property energy-efficient, even before building work begins.
We certify the sustainability of your building in accordance with the guidelines of the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB) and the Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM); plus, we can also award the US Green Building Council’s LEED certificate.
Building Envelope Testing
By performing analytical tests, we can detect weak points in the building envelope. Thermal imaging leak detection identifies heat leaks by means of infrared images. Air tightness testing enables us to pinpoint leaks in windows and doors.
Industrial Energy Efficiency
Industrial energy efficiency can be substantially achieved by simply improving energy management. The ISO 50001 energy management standard specifies energy management system requirements for organizations aiming at significant gains in energy efficiency.
Our ISO 50001 energy management standard certification services apply to all kinds of industries wanting to establish energy management systems.
In addition to a global standardization, the European Union has developed a regional energy management standard and other energy management standards are being developed in China, Spain, and Brazil.