Assessment and Audit of Railway Infrastructure
Unlimited Railroad Traffic on Tested Tracks
Convenient rail travel, Europe-wide - this is what why the Trans-European transport system is currently undergoing reconstruction. To achieve this goal, European directives and norms have set high standards for quality and safety of rail networks. Our experts will audit, assess, and certify your railroad infrastructure. It doesn't matter whether it's individual components, such as sleepers or rail fastening systems, tunnel or bridge audits - we will ensure that the track systems you operate comply with European safety requirements. And that they can be used with systems from other countries.
Benefits at a Glance
An internationally recognized audit, assessment and certification from TÜV Rheinland helps you:
- Ensure that your train routes fulfill national and international directives and norms
- Improve the safety and quality of your infrastructure
- Benefit from access to our respected contacts around the globe and our good relations with authorities, locomotive infrastructure companies, and manufacturers
- Use our own European network of notified bodies for interoperability
- Get all the necessary services - including documentation audits and practical lab tests - from one source
Our Railway Networks Safety Services
Our experts support you with advice, assessment, and audits based on national and international directives, norms, and regulatory bodies, with international rail infrastructure projects - including the following areas:
- Occupational health and safety
- Operational safety: training concepts, regulations, train service regulations
- Operation concepts
- Fire prevention: material selection, fire damage costs, smoke-extraction, and evacuation concepts
- Earthquake safety, for example for the elevated track system of the Transrapid maglev train
- Geotechnical engineering for tunnel and soil works
- Track construction and engineering, specifically line routing, components, slab track, and building construction
- Maintenance concepts that accompany planning, construction, or operation
- Steadfastness of bridges and other engineered constructions
- Environmental impact assessment: noise and shock protection
- Assessment of liability cases
Approvals and Licenses from TÜV Rheinland in the Field of Railroad Infrastructures
We are authorized to audit and certify your train network system. This includes:
- Inspection body type A based on the DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020 norm.
- Certification body based on the DIN EN 45011 norm.
- In France we are nationally recognized as an EOQA for rapid transport networks and OQ forlong-distance and mainline trains. In the UK we are recognized by Network Rail and UKAS/DfT and also by IVW for accreditation audits in the Netherlands (Goedkeuring).
- Auditor for IRIS.
- We also offer various individual accreditations from rail engineering approval and monitoring authorities, such as the Federal Railroad Office (EBA) and TABs.