Ensure That Your Product Stays on Top in the Marketplace with Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ Testing
Why test and have your Wi-Fi® equipment certified? Because it’s a fact that consumers show a clear preference for Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ devices and that many enterprise users specify Wi-Fi CERTIFIED equipment – whether it’s Bluetooth® devices, PCs, laptops, phones, cameras, medical devices, headphones, or PDAs.
TÜV Rheinland is an accredited Wi-Fi testing house, which can provide testing services compliant with the Wi-Fi Alliance® test plans and can offer pre-certification and official certification testing for 802.11 wireless devices.
With fully automated systems and experienced Wi-Fi test engineers, we offer the most accurate and timely pre-certification and official certification testing. We also provide guidance in developing application-specific device (ASD) test plans in addition to conducting all pre-certification and official certification testing of ASD wireless units.
Benefits at a Glance
With our Wi-Fi certification services, you can be sure of:
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED devices that have been tested for interoperability to improve the user experience
- Certified interoperability that supports lower return rates, reduced support costs, higher consumer satisfaction, and increased sales volumes
- Assurance of independent third-party testing in numerous configurations and with a diverse sampling of other devices to ensure compatibility with other Wi-Fi CERTIFIED equipment
- Faster time to market
- Expert testing services according to Wi-Fi Alliance test plans
- A lead against the competition with a neutral audit seal
- Fast audit times and our long-standing experience
- TÜV Rheinland’s exclusive, one-stop service
- Compliance with local government and legal requirements
Our Wi-Fi Services
TÜV Rheinland offers pre-certification and official certification testing of the following Wi-Fi test plans:
- 802.11n Draft 2.0
- WPA/WPA2 – 802.11a/b/g
- WMM – Power Save
- WPA/WPA2 – 802.11h/d
- WPA/ WPA2 – 802.11a/b/g
- WPA/WPA2 – Dual Band a/g – a/b
TÜV Rheinland’s Wi-Fi testing approach is as follows:
- Submit documents and application to Wi-Fi Alliance for certification identification number (CIS) and obtain CID
- Submit product for assessment and testing according to Wi-Fi Alliance test plan
- Approve product test
- Generate report that company is Wi-Fi CERTIFIED after product passes
Wi-Fi Alliance testing is currently only available to Wi-Fi Alliance members. In addition to the authorized test lab in California, there are two more Wi-Fi Alliance authorized labs in Cologne, Germany, and in Yokohama, Japan.
Wi-Fi Alliance certification programs such as WMM, WMM Power Save, and Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ provide additional functionality that enables application developers to bring more advanced applications to market.
And, if you are interested in TÜV Rheinland’s Wi-Fi testing services, you may also be interesting in these testing services, available at several TÜV Rheinland locations worldwide:
- TL 9000
Wi-Fi®, Wi-Fi Alliance®, WMM®, the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED logo, the Wi-Fi logo, and the Wi-Fi ZONE logo are registered trademarks of the Wi-Fi Alliance. Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™, Wi-Fi Protected Setup™, Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA)™, Wi-Fi Multimedia™, and the Wi-Fi Alliance logo are trademarks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Our services cover 802.11 wireless devices, including:
- Bluetooth devices
- Medical devices