TUV Rheinland Australia (TRA) welcomes you to our website and thanks you for your interest in our services.
TUV Rheinland Australia Pty Ltd
TRA appreciates your interest in our products and services and recognizes the importance of your privacy.
Collection and Use of Information
TRA collects personal information and non-personal information including aggregate information. Personal information is any such information that identifies an individual, or that is directly associated with a specific individual, and may include name, address, telephone number, email address, or any other information that can be directly linked to that individual. Non-personal Information may be information about you that cannot itself identify you individually.
The primary purpose of collecting your personal information is to:
- provide the goods and services that you require;
- administer and manage those services;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure;
- understand our customer base, interest and trends; and
- contact you with special offers or promotional information (we will give you a choice as to whether you wish to receive these communications and you may contact us to let us know if you wish to cease receiving further communications).
- TRA may, without giving notice, share personal information with its affiliates, related bodies corporate and with other third parties that provide services on behalf of TRA for the sole purpose of providing you with valuable information and/or services;
- TRA may share personal information with third parties that provide marketing and other services on behalf of TRA; and
- TRA may also share personal information with non-affiliated parties with whom TRA may have entered into joint marketing agreements. However, any third party will not be authorized to sell, rent, trade, or otherwise exploit your personal information.
Disclosure of personal information
TRA may disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- to conform with the law, to respond to claims, or comply with legal process served on TRA;
- to enforce and/or apply company policies or agreements;
- to protect and defend its rights or property, the website, it’s employees, visitors, or the public; and
- in the event of belief of an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person which may require disclosure of communications or which would justify disclosure of records without delay.
Non-personal and aggregate information will be used only to improve the design of this website and may be shared with marketing and advertising agencies for this purpose. Any such information may be gathered through cookies, pixel tags, click-stream information and the like.
A pixel tag is a tiny graphic contained on a webpage, any document, or in an e-mail. It allows the site owner or a third party to monitor website visits and appears being invisible to visitors since pixel tags typically are extremely small. TRA may include pixel tags on this website to better monitor the effectiveness of the website or for any other legitimate purposes.
Click-stream information may include non-personal information like time and source of an individual visit, the browser type used for such visit, the preceding page view, and any other non-personal information. The evaluation of click-stream information will help better understanding how visitors experience this website, to identify favored content, and the like. TRA will collect click-stream information of every visit on this website to better monitor the effectiveness of the website or for any other legitimate purposes.
When visiting this website, TRA will also identify your computer by its IP address which will be logged. IP addresses will be collected mainly, amongst other legal purposes, for market research, for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information.
Protection of Information
TRA uses reasonable care to store and maintain personal information and to protect it from alteration, misuse, loss or destruction. This includes storing personal information on servers protected by a firewall and by ensuring that all transmissions to third parties use secure transmission technology. Unfortunately, no transmission of data over the internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. Therefore, even though TRA endeavours to protect personal information, security of any information you transmit to TRA, or that you may receive from TRA, cannot be guaranteed.
Internal access to personal information will be limited to individuals who need access to personal information in order to provide products and/or services or to maintain or services those products and/or services. Individuals having access to personal information are limited in number and committed to TRA’s privacy and security.
You may update or correct the personal information we have collected at any time; in order for us to update our records simply send us an e-mail with your updated information to email@example.com.
Information by e-Mail
In the event you provide your e-mail address we will include you in our mailing list. If you are currently on such list and if you would prefer to be removed and not to receive further information from us, simply send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from such list.
In the event that you prefer TRA to make no further use of your personal information which you may have provided, please contact us at email@example.com.
Rights under Australian Privacy Law- Access to Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. TRA reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
Protection of Children´s Online Privacy
This website is designed for the general audience. It is not our intent to collect any information, including personal information from persons under age eighteen, or to attract audience under age eighteen. TRA does not knowingly collect or will maintain any personal information from persons under age eighteen. To better protect the privacy of children under age eighteen, it is recommended for parents to supervise their children while exploring online contents.
This website uses etracker technology (www.etracker.com) to collect visitor behavior data. This data is collected anonymously to be used for marketing and optimization purposes. All visitor data is saved using an anonymous user ID and can be aggregated to a usage profile. Cookies may be used for this purpose, but only to collect and save data in anonymous form. The collected data will not be used to identify a visitor personally and is not aggregated with any personal data. The collection and storage of data may be revoked at any time with respect to subsequent services.