Functional Safety for HW/SW based on IEC 61508
4-day training - participation is limited to 15 person.
23.05.2016 - 26.05.2016 Newcastle
This vocational qualification training of the TÜV Functional Safety Program supports engineers (and/or persons in the functional safety business) to deepen their knowledge and their experience in order to achieve a worldwide acknowledged know how and practical experience within the area of functional safety according to the IEC 61508 international standard.
Furthermore the training addresses important new aspects of the IEC 61508 edition 2, especially the consideration of softerrors.
Engineers who are working in the field of functional safety for many years have the possibility to obtain an official verification of their expertise. By passing a final exam successfully they will receive a TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineer certificate.
This certificate, which is acknowledged worldwide, states that specific knowledge within the field of "Hardware/Software Design" has been achieved.
Become a TUV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineer
All participants receive “Statement of Attendance” for completing the course.
Participants who meet the pre-requisite requirements, and pass the exam also receive:
- Recognition as a TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineer, with certificate, valid for 5 years
- Listing of completion details on the TÜV Database, for third party verification.
- Ability to use the title FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) in their area/s of practice.
Participants who have passed the exam, but do not meet the pre-requisites can be issued the FS Engineer (TUV Rheinland) qualification once the pre-requisites have been met.
Developers, who are mainly engaged in the development of programmable electronic safety systems on the basis of the acknowledged international standard IEC 61508. This training imparts basic knowledge, which enables developers to transfer the requirements of the standard IEC 61508 most effectively.
- Functional safety of electric, electronic and programmable systems
- Definition of risk, principle of risk reduction
International Standard IEC 61508
- General methods and requirements
- Consideration of life cycle aspects of safety-related systems and components
- Requirements concerning management of Functional Safety
- Requirements for the evaluation/judgement of Functional Safety
- Definition of requirements according to the chosen SIL
- Meaning of Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
- Consideration of faults and fault modells
- Fault: random fault, systematic fault, fault caused by handling, fault during operation
- Fault modells: stuck-at-, DC- and extended DC-fault modell
- Definition of measures against faults
- Fault avoidance
- Fault detection and -control
- Consideration during design-, development- and production phase
- Safety requirement specification
- Verification- and validation plan
- Software-design and verification
- Calculation of the probability of failure on demand (PFD)
- Derivation of Reliability Block Diagram for different systems
- Derivation of formula for calculation of PFD
- Architectural constraints, Safe Failure Fraction and diagnostic coverage
- Influence of proof-test-interval, diagnosic-test-interval on probability figures
- Redundant systems and common cause factor
- Example for PFD calculation
- Commissioning, implementation, operation, maintenance
- Consideration of softerrors
- Use of ASICs and FPGAs
Application of safety-related Bus Systems
- Basic requirements for the application of bus-systems
Considerations of probability of transmission faults
- Reliability of data transmission
- Bit-failure rate
- Failure-rate and failure-detection
to be continued
- 23/05/2016: 08.30am - 05.00pm
- 24/05/2016: 08.30am - 05.00pm
- 25/05/2016: 08.30am - 05.00pm
- 26/05/2016: 08.30am - appx 01.00pm
- Duration – 4 hours
- Start: 9am
- End: 1pm
- AUD $3700.00 (Ex GST) Without exam. Includes training proceedings, lunch and refreshments.
- AUD $4000.00 (Ex GST) Includes exam, training proceedings, lunch and refreshments.
TÜV Rheinland Australia Pty Ltd
30 Kennington Drive
Tomago, NSW, 2322
Ph 61 (2) 4964 5800
|Event Dates:||23.05.2016 - 26.05.2016|